The coffee shop has now reopened! We are open from 10am - 4pm. Please be aware the we have the following rules in place to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff:
• We have a restricted number of tables – we are operating at 50% of our previous capacity to allow social distancing
• Maximum stay 1 hour per table
• Maximum of 3 households per table
• Maximum number of people per table is 4
• Please make sure children remain seated and supervised
• No cash payments. Contactless payments are preferred
• Take away will be limited to hot drinks and cakes
The Peace & Plenty Coffee Shop within Dewaldens Garden Centre is a friendly and inviting place to have breakfast or lunch.
Built on the site of the Peace & Plenty, a nineteenth century colliers row built to house the workers of Capringtons Pits, renowned for their neat flower pots and well-tended gardens. The Peace & Plenty became Kilmarnock's last colliers row and was finally demolished in 1955. All that remains of that era is the low wall you can see from the Coffee Shop window that runs the length of the Garden Centre.
The name however dates back to an ancient inn "with the custom of giving the traveller a liberal supply of oat cake and cheese to his dram."
With friendly waitresses who offer table service, fresh in-house bakery products and a large selection of good food on the menu, come to the Peace & Plenty Coffee Shop!